Financial Business Analyst
Position function: Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, the individual will work within the IT Business Applications Team with a focus on the finance business function. The individual would have the overall responsibility to understand the financial processes and functions in technical detail in order to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve end user support requests as well as design/propose software enhancements and process refinements.
Scope: The Financial Business Analyst’s role is to provide support and solutions to business challenges for users in various locations across North America. The individual will support Finance operations including the integration of acquisitions in the current ERP, Microsoft Dynamics AX2012. Additionally the individual will execute a transition to Microsoft Dynamics D365 Finance and Operations and other projects and duties as assigned by the Business Applications Manager.
This role must understand both the functional and technical aspects of the clients suite of business applications and business processes. The individual will be responsible for identifying solutions, coordinating and interacting with colleagues including business stakeholders, key users, system administrators, developers and vendors to drive innovation, streamline processes and workflows, perform issue resolution and ensure system availability.
Major tasks and duties:
- Support finance and accounting team members in debugging & resolving issues in the existing ERP system.
- Responsible for working with the Controller of Finance & members of the finance team during transition to
- Dynamics 365 ERP with gathering/eliciting Finance specific requirements, lead/execute testing & training of finance team members.
- Work to integrate new acquisitions including process reengineering and consolidation of financial accounts
- Translate complex business requirements and business processes into relevant functional and technical specifications and related business system design documents
- Responsible for the development and implementation of test plans and testing procedures as well as test script creation and execution.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of training plans, creation of training materials and the coordination and delivery of end-user training sessions
- Delivery of end-to-end support to users of various business applications with a focus on excellent customer service
- Manage assigned incidents and support requests through the incident management lifecycle including investigation, design of an appropriate fix or workaround, testing and implementation of the resolution
- Perform analysis of commonly reported issues to help identify and propose improvements to prevent issues and refine applications and processes
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating present or proposed business procedures or problems to define business system and data processing needs
- Identify and recommend system improvements and process optimizations/automations then work to implement these recommendations
- Communicate regularly and maintain proactive relationships with end users for day-to-day support purposes
- Liaise with internal resources and External Consultants and communicate appropriately to all involved parties
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, GMP’s and HACCP requirements
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to comprehend the journal entry postings when transactions are posted and analyze the results
- Good working knowledge of Accounts Receivable/Payable and General Ledger modules of an ERP system.
- Detailed knowledge of standard ERP processes and familiarity with Enterprise ERPs
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft D365 or training and/or certification would be an asset
- Experience with systems analysis and software development practices using the agile methodology
- Post-Secondary Degree in computer science, business analysis or related field
- Ability to work in a global landscape
- Strong communication and presentation skills and full command of the English Language (Written/Spoken)
Did not find a current job opportunity that you are interested in?
Please share your resume below as we are constantly working with our clients on new opportunities.